• Student (Temporary) Subclass 500 visa is intended for: overseas students (including school students) who wish to undertake a full-time registered course of study in Australia. 

    • ​You need to ensure your Australia Education Provider is registered under the Education Services for Overseas Students Act. 

    • To make a valid Student visa application, you must have been offered a place in a full time course of study. The offer of course placement is generally in the form of a confirmation of enrolment provided by the education provider. A confirmation of enrolment (eCOE) is required in support of most student visa applications. 

    • Dependent family members may also apply for Student (subclass 500) visa to accompany or join the student in Australia. In all cases, the legislation requires all family unit members to be declared in the student's application regardless of whether they intend to accompany the student to Australia.

    • ​Provide information that you are a Genuine Temporary Entrant:

      • ​Sufficient funds to support your studies;

      • Current ties to Australia;

      • Current ties in your home country;

      • ​reason as to why you decided to study in Australia and not in your back home country;

      • amongst others.


  • Student (Temporary) Subclass 590 Student Guardian visa is for a parent, custodian or relative to live in Australia in order to provide appropriate care and welfare arrangements for Student visa holders under the age of 18 during their study, or student visa holders over 18 in exceptional circumstances. Where the nominating student is under 18, the proposed student guardian must be able to provide welfare arrangements and must be: the parent/custodian of the nominating student; or a relative nominated by the parent/custodian who is of good character and at least 21 years old.


M: 0419 460 674
Westfield Chermside, WOTSO, Level 2, Chermside, QLD 4032
Registered Migration Agent 1463596 | Migration Agents Code of Conduct
@ Fernandes Migration  2017 | ABN: 65 629 316 759  
Please note that Fernandes Migration is not an incorporated legal practice and can only provide advice on the
Migration Act and Migration Regulations.